Who can use this feature?
All members can connect their Dropbox account to their MediaGraph account.
Available on all plans
Many organizations use Dropbox to share and store files. Connecting your Dropbox account to your MediaGraph account will enable you to seamlessly import and download assets between the two accounts.
About the Connection
- You can import directly from Dropbox, and MediaGraph will preserve the entire folder structure in the imported files.
- Download directly to Dropbox. All account members can connect their Dropbox for direct download.
- Set up watched folders in Dropbox. Any files or folders added to a designated Dropbox folder will be automatically copied to the MediaGraph watched folder (this function can only be accessed by Content Managers and Admins).
Connect Dropbox to MediaGraph
Follow these steps to connect your MediaGraph account and your Dropbox account.
- Make sure you are logged in to Dropbox in your web browser.
- Go to your profile settings.
- At the bottom of the window click "Connect Dropbox". The account should connect automatically, but you may be prompted authorize the connection.
- The link will change to a message telling you which Dropbox account you are connected to.
Import files from Dropbox
Follow these steps to upload files from your Dropbox account into MediaGraph.
- Click the Upload button to see all possible upload paths (options will vary depending on role).
- Select the upload destination.
- Click the Choose Files button. Select Dropbox from the dropdown.
- A new browser window will open to your Dropbox account. Select the files or folders you would like to import to MediaGraph. Click Choose. The window will close and the files will begin uploading.
- Once files have finished uploading to MediaGraph, apply any relevant metadata in the upload box. Click Submit. Click OK.
Download files to Dropbox
You also have the option to download files from MediaGraph directly to your Dropbox account.
- Select the files you want to download.
- Click the Download button. In the download dialog box click the Integrations button and select Dropbox from the dropdown.
- A pop-up will open asking where to send the files in Dropbox. If you select Download to Root Folder the files will automatically begin to download to your Dropbox. If you want to send the files to a specific Dropbox folder click Choose Sub-Folder on Dropbox. Select the Dropbox folder. Click Choose.