When there are sub-collections inside a collection displayed in Table of Contents view, they will be sorted alphabetically by default. It is possible to change this default sort order, in order to select which sub-collections are seen first by your members. Ascending and descending criteria by which sub-collections can be sorted include: Creation Date, Modification Date, Name, Collection Size, and a Custom ordering function.
Change sub-collection sort order
- In the Libraries tab of the workspace, find the collection or organizer whose sub-collection sort order you want to change.
- Hover over the Info icon to open the Collection Info popover.
- Click the blue Manage icon to open the Manage Collection panel.
- Click to open the Table of Contents Settings tab.
- Click to open the Sub-Collection Sort Order tab and select which sort order you want to apply to the selected sub-collections.
- Click the blue Update button. If you have saved a new sub-collection sort order, it will be applied to the selected collection or organizer. If you selected Custom, you can now drag and drop the sub-collections into your preferred order.