Who can use this feature?
All members can connect their Google Drive account to their Mediagraph account.
Available on all plans
Many organizations use Google Drive to share and store files. Connecting your Google Drive account to your Mediagraph account will enable you to seamlessly import and download assets between the two accounts.
About the Connection
- You can import directly from Google Drive, and Mediagraph will preserve the entire folder structure in the imported files.
- Download directly to Google Drive. All account members can connect to their Google Drive for direct download.
- Set up watched folders in Google Drive. Any files or folders added to a designated Google Drive folder will be automatically copied to the Mediagraph watched folder (this function can only be accessed by Content Managers and Admins).
Connect Google Drive to Mediagraph
Follow these steps to connect your MediaGraph account and your Google Drive account.
- Make sure you are logged in to Google Drive in your web browser.
- Go to your profile settings.
- At the bottom of the window click "Connect Google Drive". The account should connect automatically, but you may be prompted authorize the connection.
- The connect button will change to indicate you are connected.
Import files from Google Drive
Follow these steps to upload files from your Google Drive account into Mediagraph.
- Click the Upload button to see all possible upload paths (options will vary depending on role).
- Select the upload destination.
- Click the Choose Files button. Select Google Drive from the dropdown.
- A new browser window will open to your Google Drive account. Select the files or folders you would like to import to Mediagraph. Click Choose. The window will close and the files will begin uploading.
- Once files have finished uploading to Mediagraph, apply any relevant metadata in the upload box. Click Submit. Click OK.
Download files to Google Drive
You also have the option to download files from MediaGraph directly to your Google Drive account.
- Select the files you want to download.
- Click the Download button. In the download dialog box click the Integrations button and select Google Drive from the dropdown.
- A pop-up will open asking where to send the files in Google Drive. If you select Download to Root Folder the files will automatically begin to download to your Google Drive. If you want to send the files to a specific Google Drive folder click Choose Sub-Folder on Google Drive. Select the Google Drive folder. Click Choose.