Who can use this feature?
Available on all plans
Tags provide a robust way to classify, browse and search for content in your account. Only account staff members can create and assign tags to assets. Continue reading to learn all the different ways to create new tags in MediaGraph.
Create a Tag with the Action Menu
You can create a new tag when tagging assets using the Action menu.
- Select the asset(s) you would like to add a tags to.
- Mouse over theAction Menu and click "Add Metadata…".
- In the Keywords section enter the tag you would like to create and add to the asset(s). Press the return key. If the tag already exists in the taxonomy, select it from the dropdown.
- Click "Submit". This tag will be automatically added to the Taxonomy list and applied to the selected assets.
Create a new Tag in the Asset View
You can create a new tag when tagging assets in the Asset View.
- Double click an asset to open the asset view.
- Click the Browse/Edit Mode toggle to enter Edit Mode.
- In the Tags section type the tag you would like to create and add to this asset. Press the return key. If the tag already exists in the taxonomy, select it from the dropdown.
- Changes save automatically. This tag will be automatically added to the Taxonomy and applied to the asset.
The next two ways to make tags are only for Library Managers or above.
Create a Sub-Tag in the Tag Tree
Taggers cannot create tags from the Tag Tree because they do not have permission to edit the Tag Tree.
- Mouse over the info pop-over next to the parent tag you would like your sub-tag to belong to.
- In the info pop-over click "Add Sub-Tag".
- Enter the name of the Tag you would like to add and select whether it is a Keyword, Event or Person.
- Click "Create". The tag will be automatically added to the Taxonomy and live in the Tag Tree under the parent tag.
Create a Tag in Keyword Management
Taggers cannot create tags from the Keyword management area since they have no access to the Manage tab.
- Go to the Manage > Keyword Tag List from the sidebar menu.
- Click the button in the top right corner.
- Give your new tag a name and description (optional). Click "Create".