Who can use this feature?
Available on all plans
Tags help keep your assets organized and searchable. Since tagging assets is one of the most important components of your DAM strategy, we have made it easy to apply tags no matter where you are viewing images in MediaGraph.
Read below to learn about all the different ways you can assign tags to assets in MediaGraph.
Assign a tag in Asset View
Follow these steps to apply existing or new tags to an individual asset.
- Double click an asset to open the asset view.
- Click the Browse/Edit Mode toggle to enter Edit Mode.
- In the Tags section type the tag you would like to add to this asset. If the tag already exists in the taxonomy: select it from the dropdown menu. If it is a new tag: press the return key to add it to the taxonomy.
- Changes save automatically.
Assign a tag using the Action Menu
The Action Menu is a great way to apply existing or new tags to multiple assets.
- Select the asset(s) you would like to add a tags to.
- Mouse over the Action Menu and click "Add Metadata…".
- In the Keywords section type the tag you would like to add to the asset. If the tag already exists in the taxonomy: select it from the dropdown menu. If it is a new tag: press the return key to add it to the taxonomy.
- Click "Submit".
Drag and drop in the Tag Tree
Anytime you drag an asset onto a tag in the Tag Tree MediaGraph will automatically apply that tag to the asset(s). By definition, you can only apply tags that are already in the Tag Tree.
- Select the asset(s) you would like to add a tag to.
- Drag and drop the asset onto the tag you would like to add. The tag will automatically be applied to the asset.
Tip: Once you drag and drop the asset MediaGraph will deselect it. If you would like to apply multiple tags to the same asset we recommend using Tag Mode.
Assign a tag using Tag Mode
Enter Tag Mode in the Tag Tree to quickly add or remove tags from assets. In Tag Mode, Tag Indicators become toggles you can use to quickly add/remove tags from assets. By definition, you can only apply tags that are already in the Tag Tree.
- Click thetag symbol at the top of the Tag Tree to enter Tag Mode.
- Select the asset(s) you would like to assign tags to.
- Use the Tag Indicators to apply or remove tags from the selected asset. Clicking a blank tag indicator will add the tag to the asset. Clicking a blue check will remove the tag from the asset.
- Changes save automatically. Click thetag symbol to exit Tag Mode when finished tagging.