Setting a poster image is a great way to enrich various parts of your Mediagraph account. Poster images can be added to lightboxes, collections, entities in the tag tree, and the front page of your account. They can provide helpful context for your members in all of these locations. In order to add a poster image to any of the locations mentioned above, the image must be an asset in your Mediagraph account. Every asset has a unique File ID (GUID) that is used to identify it for various purposes, including for use as a poster image.
Use File ID to set a poster image
- In the workspace, navigate to the asset you want to set as a poster image.
- Double-click on the asset to open the Asset Detail View. Below the image preview, you will see the first eight characters of the file ID displayed.
- Click the blue Copy File ID icon to add the file ID to your clipboard. It is important to use this button, rather than manually highlighting the displayed characters. The File ID contains 128 characters, and using the button adds all of them to your clipboard.
- Paste the File ID into the Poster Image GUID field. This can be found in various places, depending on which poster image you would like to change.
- To add one to the front page, navigate to Manage/Site Settings/Public Site Customizations/Front Page and click Save at the bottom of the screen. (Admins only)
- To add one to a lightbox, see the article on how to add a table of contents to a lightbox.
- To add one to an entity in the tag tree, see the article on how to use entity view.
- To add one to a collection, see the article on how to make a featured collection.